Friday, November 11, 2005

Waiting patiently

Dear readers,

I figured it was time for another update. I was hoping to have some news like, "the baby's here!" Well, not quite yet. She's quite content, it seems, to wait a bit longer. Her due date is officially tomorrow, so we're hoping she doesn't wait much longer than that!

In family news, my sweet grandmother Erma Fisher had a fall last Saturday and had been in the hospital until last night, when she quietly slipped away to join her late husband and my grandfather. She would have turned 97 years old next week, so she's lived a long, full life that we can really celebrate and honor. Maybe she's gone home at just the right time to send our little baby to us, but I know for sure that the reunion with Grandpa was a joyous one.

My Grandma's funeral is next Tuesday, and I'm a little uncertain what will be happening then. I hope to have an announcement very soon that the baby is here, get in and out of the hospital, and be there with my family. I have a brother coming from Texas and a sister coming from Arizona, so they could see the baby while they're here, which would be nice. But I'd like to have the baby come when she's ready rather than schedule the birth. And it would be okay if she waits until after Tuesday as well... I just don't know if she will. Send your prayers and good intentions our way!

No comments: