Monday, October 31, 2005

Quick Baby Update

Readers,

Well, the baby's getting ready to come much earlier than LittleMum did. I don't know if that means she'll come early, but she's in position and my body's getting ready for labor.

I have finally packed the bags! Everything's ready to go, so we just wait. My certified nurse midwife said that we could go ahead and schedule the birth if we wanted. The baby's good size (a little less than 7 1/2 pounds), conditions are favorable, and everything looks good. I would like to wait until the baby's ready to come. I think it makes it a little more difficult for attending physicians and CNMs, though... I'm sure Dale would prefer to attend the birth on a day he doesn't do clinic hours. He'd have to run back and forth from Layton to Ogden during my labor.

If the baby's born on her due date, it'll still be a week and five days. If she comes early, it could be any time now. Pretty amazing that it's almost here!

I still may post a photo of the "before" me, but that would require Paul's cooperation. He's at work for the next few days, so if I remember while he's here...

No comments: