Sunday, February 05, 2006

What? Kids Grow Up?!!


Well, NatureForce's officially out of her 0-3 month clothes. I guess I should have seen this coming - a few weeks ago we went to her two-month appointment and found out that she was 50th percentile in weight, 95th percentile in height, and 75th percentile in her head. So even though she can fit into her newborn clothes width-wise, they're much too short and her daddy gets mad at me if her feet are scrunched. As he should.

It's difficult putting away the newborn clothes, though. It's like you're admitting that your baby is not a tiny newborn any more... all of a sudden she's an infant, which means that soon she'll be a toddler! But wait, don't let me get ahead of myself.

LittleMum walked (scooted, crawled?) the same path. They just get bigger and older, sometimes before we're ready for them to do so. We've been cooped up in the house since NatureForce was born because she was born at the beginning of RSV season, and because it doesn't feel like we've introduced her to the world yet, I guess it hadn't dawned on me that she's really growing.

Of course, I have started to notice chubby legs and wrists. It's the wrists that really get me; they're just so darn cute! Maybe I like them better because we see them more often than her legs.

The speed at which they grow is what throws me off balance. It's like the last time that item went through the laundry, it fit; this time through the laundry, it's too small and will need to be put away. And perhaps we'll have another girl; but perhaps I won't get to put that particular sleeper or onesie or cute outfit on a baby of ours again. It gives you pause, doesn't it?

No comments: